Upcoming Events in Brunswick Forest
October 14, 2018Beth Burgee
Fall is upon us and with the changing of seasons, we also have a transition into fall events and activities happening around the community!
Our Fitness & Wellness Activities Director, Nicole Stone, is constantly creating new workshops, fitness classes, activities and events to rotate through the Fitness & Wellness calendar. Between our Resident Sponsored Activities and the Fitness & Wellness Events Calendar we are in no short supply of things to do in Brunswick Forest.
Also staying busy this time of year, the Cape Fear National team has recently released their new Fall Daily Menu for The Forest and is host to nightly events at the clubhouse as well as upcoming events on the golf course.
Have we mentioned that Chef Scott is now serving his delicious breakfast menu everyday of the week?! If you haven’t had a chance to stop in to The Forest for breakfast or Sunday Brunch, you’re missing out. Be sure to start your day with us at the clubhouse for a full breakfast menu until 11am, Monday-Saturday and/or Sunday Brunch from 9am-1pm.
Let’s take a look at what else we have coming up for residents in Brunswick Forest over the next couple weeks:
- Health & Wellness Fair: Saturday, October 20th from 9am-12pm // Free Event
- Meet local health and wellness professionals at the 2018 Fall Health Fair & Expo.
- EXHIBITORS INCLUDE:Aflac, Ashly D. Smith, D.C., BAYADA Home Health Care, Brightmore of Wilmington/Carolina Bay at Autumn Hall, Brookdale Sr. Living, Doterra, Elderhaus, Fleet Feet, Frank Institute, Flyths Bike Shop, Liberty Home Care, Ocean Trail & Brunswick Home Health and Hospice, LivYon, Mary Kay, Novant Health, Plexus, Rodan & Fields Saber Health, Shaklee Distributor, Sito Chiropractic, The Davis Community, Tropical Smoothie, Universal Healthcare, Vitality to You, Well Care Health, Wilmington Burial & Cremation, Tranquil Touch Massage, Health Coach Alan Murphy, NHRMC (cholesterol & blood pressure testing)
- 2 Hour Artist – Sea Turtle: October 23rd and 25th from 4-6pm // $40 per person
- 2 Hour Artist is designed for those with little or no experience. Each class is taught in a step by step method with lots of time for personal attention. All materials are provided. Feel free to bring wine or any beverage of your choice.
- Cell Phone Seminar: Wednesday, October 24th at 6pm // Free Event
- Do you get frustrated with all the new apps and updates on your cell phone? Bring your phone and questions to the Community Commons and let Steve help ease your frustrations.
- Yoga & Essential Oils: Friday, October 26th from 4-6pm /// $15 per person
- Keri will teach you how to make your own yoga mat spray with essential oils and follow with a brief yoga flow.
- Brunswick Forest Haunted Trail: Wednesday, October 31st at 6pm // Free Event
- Your spirit is summoned to the Brunswick Forest Nature Trail! The annual Trick -or-Treating in Annsdale Park is shifting to the entrance of the nature trail. Line the sidewalk and pass out candy as brave big and little souls enter the haunted trail on Leesburg Drive.
We have compiled just a few of the many upcoming events on the Fitness & Wellness Events Calendar. For a full rundown of monthly events, check their website!
For more information on any of these events, contact the Fitness & Wellness reception desk at (910) 342-2215.
Daily & Weekly Specials at The Forest:
- Breakfast at The Forest: Monday – Saturday from 7-11am
- Prime Rib Night: Monday from 4-8pm // $24 per person
- Taco Day: Tuesday from 4-8pm // $10 per person
- Burger Day: Wednesday from 11am-8pm // Starting at $7.50 per person
- North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce’s 2018 L.A. Open Golf Tournament:
Thursday, October 18th at 7:30am
- Registration begins at 7:30am. Shotgun starts at 9:00am.