October 30, 2016Katie McAlick
Whether you are new to the area or you’ve lived here for years, it’s never too late to discover more about the local Wilmington community. From site-seeing trolley rides to local breweries and pubs, there’s a bit of everything available for those looking to explore!
- You may already be familiar with the exceptionally popular Wilmington Water Tours, but here’s your chance to explore downtown Wilmington like never before. From narrated cruises to privates charters, explore the Cape Fear River in all of its natural beauty! Even take a wine cruise with an exquisite view of the sunset against the Wilmington waterway.
- Take a tour of Wilmington’s local breweries with the fun and eccentric crew of the Port City Brew Bus! Home to some of the finest craft beer in the nation, Wilmington, North Carolina and the Port City Brew Bus offers a one-of-a-kind experience that is both fun and safe.
- Whether you are arriving to an event or discovering the downtown area, be sure to travel in style with the Wilmington Trolley Company! With experienced drivers and staff, you will not be disappointed when sightseeing on one of these meticulously maintained trollies.
- One of the most popular ways to explore downtown is via a Horse-Drawn Carriage Tour. As featured in Southern Living Magazine, Springbrook Farms, Inc. will take you on an expedition of downtown Wilmington, pulled by one of their rescued percheron draft horses.
- What do Iron Man 3, One Tree Hill, and Under the Dome all have in common?! They were all filmed right here in Wilmington, North Carolina at Screen Gem Studios! With ten separate stages throughout their complex, step behind the scenes and discover how these legendary shows and movies come to life with a studio tour.